Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Indian Electricity - It's shocking!

While moving the thumb drive back and forth to post blog posts I shocked myself again. This would probably be the 80th time I've shocked myself and I've actually started to get used to it. "Why am I shocking myself" you ask? Well let me explain.

In India, to save money, they don’t ground 90% of outlets. As a result any piece of metal that is connected to a computer can shock you. That includes the bits of metal around the USB plug, the screws holding the USB hub together, the screws holding the macbook together, the little bits of metal around all the inputs to the macbook and various other metal objects you normal don’t grow fearful of. It’s a small little jolt, about the same as an electric fence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get yourself a set of wired alligator clips and ground your laptop to a desk or your nipples or something. :)