Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Plastic chairs should only cost $5


Monday the 14th we spent fixing up the apartment. I was to get the part to fix the sink and get chairs, Jenneli and Brooke would clean and mop. After walking a million miles in 110F heat I asked 13 different shops about the part and finally figured out the shop everyone was directing me to was closed. It was closed the next day too. I also was on the warpath for chairs, as standing around in the apartment is getting very old. Now after asking 4 different people how much $5 Wal-Mart style plastic chairs should cost they assured me to pay no more than 200 rupees, or almost exactly $5. We live in a small world! So after asking several stores and getting answers of anywhere from 300-350 rupees I knew I would have to negotiate. Unfortunately I was too hot to negotiate effectively and could only get to 250 rupees. I ended up buying them the next day for that, no use arguing over $2, we needed chairs! I might add they have been totally worth it.

No comments: