Sunday, May 13, 2007

May 13,2007 Sunday

I’ve caught up! I’ve been blogging for the past week and finally I’m talking about today!
We went out to the village today in the heat of the day. Not the smartest idea we’ve had but we wanted to get it done as soon as possible. Joseph called for a driver and within an hour or so we had wheels. Ragu, our very helpful contact from the village, also came to help us.

The driver, Ragu, Brooke, Jenneli and I headed out to survey the wells. Earlier EWB San Diego had done well tests in the area and we needed to go out with a GPS unit and survey the location of each well so we could get a better Idea of were to place future wells. It was hot and we were happy to be back in the air conditioning of the car. We took 14 GPS points and surveyed 10 wells. Another productive day. Tonight Bindu has invited us to a wedding! We are looking forward to checking out our first Indian wedding!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet Ragu makes awesome spaghetti...

Unknown said...

Sweet, when you get there tell them that you are the new lord and that you are claiming jus primae noctis!!

Anonymous said...

I saw your Mom and Dad at the funeral- she told me all about your blog, so I had to check it out (Jason doesn't talk to me). Do you have an editor? Because you're doing some great writing, and I thought that was beyond your sort of geek's abilities... ;)