Sunday, May 13, 2007

Indians are great!

We met Shraddha’s friends at a place called the Smoke House Grill. We met the 3 friends there, and they gave us the best reception and conversation that we have had to date in India. The majitos were excellent and the food outstanding. Relaxing with our new found friends put us back in a terrific mood and it was exactly what we needed!

I had felt a little funny before dinner but after dinner the funny feeling increased and by the time I got home I knew something in my delicate (weak) American system was not quite right. After about 5 more trips to the bathroom my suspicions were confirmed. Jenneli actually had the right idea at bathroom visit #3 by saying I should take some antibiotics and amodium. Being too proud and convinced my immune system could persevere I attempted to sleep between bathroom visits. By morning I had nothing left in my lower digestive tract and took Jenneli’s advice of antibiotics and amodium. Unfortunately by then I was dehydrated and had a raging headache. Jenneli and Brooke consoled me and brought water. Around noon they went off to view a few more sights in Delhi and I struggled to maintain my path to hydration and wellness in bed. By the next morning I was feeling better and ready for a new adventure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I assume that you went back the next day and offered them blankets infested with smallpox.