Friday, June 29, 2007

A little local Ongole bar

Of coarse Ongole has some nice western style bars in some of the hotels and fancier restaurants but I wanted to show you what the smaller local bars look like. You may notice some red stains on the walls, though they could be blood it is probably just the beetle nut juice that Indians like to chew and spit. It stains their teeth as well as the walls red.




The beer is Royal Challenge and though there are several to choose from this is my favorite. Though the more popular King Fisher beer is also good. This beer costs slightly less than $2 and you can get fried snacks for 30 cents. Most Indians favor water and whiskey/gin/brandy with some club soda or 7 up. India has tried to outlaw beer a number of times and recently has just decided to tax it heavily. I believe I read that it has a 300% tax on it, though I could be wrong about that.

1 comment:

awt said...

Happy 4th of july!!! Yay America!!!!