Sunday, June 3, 2007

Carnivals - It's a little surreal here







Bindu, Lavina and Rokesh took us to a carnival last night! It was exactly like I always wanted a carnival to be. 10 cents to get in, 20 cent rides, and all the games were 20 cents. It was a little odd though. If you notice in one of the pictures you'll see prizes. If you look closely they are not your average stuff animals. They are mostly kitchen goods. Normally this would have seemed strange but Jenneli and I are very short of kitchen goods so being able to throw rings for soap and shampoo seemed like a great thing! We could really use these things!

The fair food was also great with all kinds of spicy food and sweets. I bought some cotton candy for 10 cents but because of the heat and humidity it got a little messy. We went on a few rides, got a little sick, luckily nothing that a little bit of walking around couldn't fix. Jenneli commented that it seemed like a fair out of the 50s and I have to agree. Being able to buy soda in glass containers for 8 cents does seem to be something out of a rockwell painting. We won a basket, a comb, some packeged henna, pencils, and a few other misc goods. I really wanted a thermose but could never get the right ping pong score to get it.

We had a great time and I'll have to thank Bindu, Lavina, and Rokesh again for taking us out! To think that 5 people can party for 2 1/2 hours at a carnival and only spending 10 bucks! I want to go again, we could use another bar of soap!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is soooo awesome. I am jealous!