Sunday, June 3, 2007

Henna - it's fun!





Bindu and Lavina (sorry about the probable misspelling) came over and did a little henna for Jenneli. Since I was there they also did a small design on my hand. The plants that actually make henna are grown in this area and I believe it originated in this part of the world. It was neat watching them crush up the leaves and make the putty they use to apply it. We were supposed to leave it on for an hour, which Jenneli dutifully did, however I took it off after 45 minutes or so, that's why Jenneli's is much darker. You'll notice that Jenneli's fingertips are colored and that's very typical in designs.

I should also add that Bindu and Lavina had a great time playing with Jennli's computer. They were using iphoto to take crazy pictures of themselves.

No comments: