Sunday, June 3, 2007

Mineral Water



In an attempt to ward off the evils of bacteria and all sorts of nasty problems like malaria (Michael, you do not get malaria from water), Jenneli and I drink bottled water. Obviously from the picture we go through a lot of bottled water. That's only a small portion of the bottles we have stacked up, there is a whole other closet full. I keep wanting to tie them all together in a raft and float it in the pond next to the house! We drink about 4-6 liters a day. Sealed mineral water costs about 20 rupees, which is about 50 cents. It's basically our biggest daily expense. I noticed that the 3 shops we buy water from have greatly expanded the ammount of water they stock. I'll have to tell them a few days before we leave that we will be gone and not able to buy all the bottled water they have for us.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oops - I think I emailed you my other comments... now I think I am doing it correctly!!

So - how crazy is it to impact the local community's purchasing portfolio!! You are living my motto – water is a good thing!!!

Thanks for the blogs – love them!

Anonymous said...

Does it make you feel powerful having a direct influence on the local economy?

LOL

You are like the Rupert Murdock of that village.