Friday, June 8, 2007

Mangos – They’re what’s for dinner! … and lunch and breakfast





I’m sure everyone has had a mango before but I have to tell you they really are 100x better here. In fact they are so juicy and flavorful that you can eat the peal here. Our landlord first recommended that I eat the peal for the fiber. I was weary at first but he was right, it’s not bad at all. So because mangos are 10 cents each and incredibly good we eat them all the time, for snacks as well as meals.

The pictures show what the mango vendors look like as they go up and down the road yelling out “Mangos” (though in Telegu). I also included a picture of some mangos we got in a village that’s known for their mangos, in a region that’s known for it’s mangos. Not only are they 2x big as normal mangos they truly are 2x as good making them 200x better than the normal mangos I get in the States. It will be a sad day when I have to pay $1.50 for a sub quality mango.

1 comment:

Debra Christiansen Jacobson said...

Hmmm... I love mango lassi but I can not stand eating an actually mango. They're just gross! But now I'm think I must just need to eat one of THOSE mango. lol