Friday, July 13, 2007

Tigers are impressive!




After arriving in Trivandrum we sought out some accommodation. Jenneli had to put up with me viewing 3 different hotels, but I’m glad we did as we ended up at a great little hotel that had a restaurant on the roof. We need to waste some time so we took an autorickshaw to the zoo. Am I ever glad I did! We got to be about 2 meters away from a tiger and a jaguar. The jaguar was gnawing down on a bone while the tiger made some very throaty noises and clawed around the cage. The tiger had been separated from the rest of the group because she had 3 cubs and she was not pleased by this. The rest of the zoo had some interesting animals as well but I won’t get the sound or sight of the tiger and jaguar out of my mind for a while.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Michael, Grammy and I are reading and enjoying your blog. Grammy was especially interested in the well drilling. So sorry you and Jenneli takes turns getting India under the weather! Glad you seem to recover quickly. It's all that moldy bread and cheese you had to consume as a child. The pictures are grand and we are so admiring your writing ability. You are pretty good, Michael. Bye for now. Mom