Sunday, August 12, 2007

Friendship day

August 5 is friendship day and it was marked by both of us tossing our grand plans of productivity to enjoy our friends. Portraju took me out to his home town (village) and I had some incredible mutton curry. I believe it was cooked over a spit and the flavors were amazing. Also almost as amazing was our trip to the village, we had a small motor bike and with some effort we fit 4 people on it! I’ve gotten to ride on a motor bike a few times in India and though it’s a little scary it is marvelous to be able to see the country side and feel the air through my hair. It reminds me why I like my Miata so much!

Jenneli had a visit from Bindu and some girls from across the street. They spend a lot of time looking at pictures and exploring our home. We are messy as most of you know and they probably think that all Americans live so crazily. We are extra messy right now as we have stuff strewn about as we try to figure out what goes and what stays and how on earth we can fit everything into our backpacks. One of our tasks is to find a suitcase or at least something that will help get all our stuff home!

No comments: